5.29.2007

wish you were here

i am pleased to report i have now added three to my list of bloggers i've met in the real, and what a treat it was. Our summit included the mayden (natch), kate, aunty belle (not pictured), yours truly appearing here as "chickory", and pete bogs. we sat out at julies waterfront, a watering hole known mostly to locals, had a few beers, some wings n things and a lot of laughs.

it's interesting that every blogger i have met is essentially the same in the flesh and blood world as they are on screen. just as in the real, you wouldn't likely interact with bloggers that you didn't actually like and respect, so meeting them has been for me always a good experience.

Pete was a great sport to endure our estrogen fest; being surrounded by 3 blondes and a bronze *howl* i liked pete just as i knew i would, and kept having the overwhelming desire to lick his perfectly smooth head. Mayden was as effervescent as the bottle of champagne we drank last night. And a gorgeous little thing too. K9's blog muse has become a bona fide friend. In fact, she is here with me this moment in a panera bread shop. she was NOT going to put up with the slow internet at the house and has introduced me to the wonderful world of free WiFi access.

we hung out at the beach yesterday where we worked hard to pick up rush limbaugh with the crappy little radio i had, moving the antennae in every conceivable direction until we at last found the fragile sweet spot. Ever the watchful dog, i made sure she re-applied her sunscreen religiously, and can report today she has a sweet pink glow to her cheeks and a little bit o' color to her gams.

Kate the blogger is a complete delight. I have not read her blog for long, but i liked her right away, she was playful, good-lookin', funny and a person you felt like you had known for the longest time. PW would have loved her dress..kind of a fishnet see-through thing in a very tasteful elegant way.

I got to see aunty belle again and love her even more than ever. she's a beautiful woman, in every sense of the word, and i was glad to have another "elder-blogger" with me since all the others are just lil pups. Both aunty and kate were heading off to europe the next day, kate for vacation and aunty for work. i'm pretty sure now that aunty is a professional writer, as is bogs, so they seemed to get on well and have a conversation all their own.

Thank you all for coming. it was really really good to see you.


When i am not entertaining fair maydens, i am looking for things to photograph that would translate well into paintings, like these koi i photographed in Saint Augustine. i like how the reflection makes them look to be swimming in the trees. I also shot a few frames of seagrapes that i thought could be abstracted into solid compositions. i have (so far) 141 photos of clouds to add to my reference bank for paintings. i miss my studio and can't wait to get back and get to work. but i've got another 10 days to go.

the rest of the photos are just gratuitous florida shots.







Labels: , ,

22 Comments:

Blogger Mayden' s Voyage said...

Beloved dog- how much more fun could 2 chicks have than sitting next to each other and blogging from Panera bread?! Well, other than drinking, and beaching, and eating at cool places? LOL...we are doing it all!
(oh- and I can't forget about the hot tub! :)

Thank you for making the Blog Summit a reality- it was so much fun- and what a great group of people to spend time with.

Hugs dear friend- and thank you for making this one of the best adventures I've ever been on~
I'm so happy to be here :)

10:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, thank you indeed! it was a great experience I wouldn't have missed for anything... like a reunion of old friends...

10:25 AM  
Blogger Gnomeself Be True said...

Obviously, I left the East Coast 13 years too soon.

10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey!

I feel cheated!!

I wanted a picture of Aunty Belle!!!

You know.............. I still dream of her ( as she doubtless does of me) since I shared my fantasy about her true make up last year....ah well, I was 50% right! But I am genuinely interested to hear she is a writer.

I'm sure, K9person, that you would love me too if you met me...in fact, I kinda feel (y)our blogjourney won't be over until you/we do!!....the last chapter?

I sent you an e-mail about 2 months ago ( to one of your arty addresses) ...but it bounced back ----explained a few things...or tried.

Good to see you all still have the energy,industry and time to blog.

Love
Ardlair
xxxx

1:02 PM  
Blogger darkfoam said...

mayhaps, just mayhaps i can be part of the next summit.
however, if it's memorial day...
no can do...
glad you all had fun!
i had a blaaaaaast!!!

and should i show up i'll bring my earplugs to protect me from those rush limbaugh moments of ya'lls...:)
(shivering with the heebiejeebies here)

1:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahh,
the motley crew
&
may i say, lucky bogs

but, she -- i really came here to look into rumors of an eight-cupped bikini...

/t.

3:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ardlair - k9 posted a pic of Aunt B on an old blog... she looks just like Granny Clampett...

foam - it'd be great to have you a long if we do this again sometime...

/t. - I was indeed lucky having all the womens to myself... but between you and me, regarding that eight-cup bikini, only four of them are real... the other four are quite obviously surgically enhanced... amazing what vets can do these days...

4:03 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hey ... the gang's all here! ardlair - i know that you still lurk about here in these familiar haunts from time to time. nice to see you poke your head in .... :)

she - great pics. we wish we were there too. have all that much more fun for us, then ... k?

6:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

oh .. heee heee love the mayden photochoppy - too cute!

6:44 PM  
Blogger puerileuwaite said...

Questions, questions ...

So Aunty Belle is real? I thought she was another one of your personalities (a la Sybil, starring Sally Field). Cool!

And WHERE is the picture of the fishnet dress? I want to see if the stockings I found in my car match up.

What was decided at the Blog Summit? Are you gonna make me Treasurer or what? Is my Blog getting balmed for global warming again?

Is it okay for a pelican to see me in my briefs?

Did you know I recently bought a hat just like yours (made by "Pugs Gear" and purchased at the gas station), because it looks like yours?

7:03 PM  
Blogger Infinitesimal said...

bogs! do not fool with Ardy, he don't know Granny Clampett is a made up TV star!! He's likely to think that really IS a picture of Belle.

K9!!

Does Mr. Chicory know that you have been blogging erotica concerning our Mr. Bogs?
(and I quote:)

"...kept having the overwhelming desire to lick his perfectly smooth head."

Ahem...

ordinarily I would not be so... trashy and crass, but as we have all recently learned, our Mr. Bogs IS a part-time nudist!!!!!

oh I am just a very bad girl, good thing aunt is on vacation!

9:27 PM  
Blogger Lady Prism said...

oh' shocking gooodness! I am just so dripping with envy and at the same time giggling like crazy alone...In fact, my son is looking at me funny now coz' I've been shaking my shoulders for long while hopping from Mayden's bloggy' home...

I can just see the all of you...and particularly now with Cora having that grand time in that poshy poshy place you're in....snoooks'.....would have been a thrill...and I'm happy sweet happy here that this came through...and that I'm reading it right now...can even feel the breeze from where I'm sitting in my dinning room from way yonder the great blue dividing sea...:>>

10:02 PM  
Blogger X. Dell said...

Cora, I knew that I recognized you from someplace.

Glad you guys had a grand time.

10:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

infini - didn't you see the pics on my blog? we all got naked after awhile due to the heat...

5:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm on my way
over to bog's blog...

/t.

9:11 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i know you hate these things ... but just indulge me, ok?

i tagged you ... its all susan's fault ... lol.

check the post here

7:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dog, I am back on the blog!

6:01 AM  
Blogger sparringK9 said...

mayden: you are welcome! it's too bad you are missing the resurrection ferns return to green by one day! it's going to rain like hell tonight. hope your day in St. Aug's a good one.

bogs: yes it was. a real treat for me to meet my favorite lib blogger. (don't collect my head, thats a positive)

iamnot: with a camera in my hands you've crossed my mind a time or two.

ardlair! what a treat! good to see you. yes, well, aunty's a babe you will have to trust me on that. of course i would love you at our meeting - you're my george forman. and besides, sparring was the name of the game was it not? and you obliged as none other. send that email on to sparringk9@yahoo.com it'll get to me. sadly i have probably continued to blog long after i have anything relevant to say, if it was ever relevant in the first place.

foamy: i put that rush bit in just for you. no kidding! were your ears burning? we spoke of you fondly.

/t: you know what? probably only 6 cups since romulus and remus are suckling #'s 7 and 8.

red: i will, i will. and, i will do your tag meme right after i do the next post on painting. yep! mayden continues to be an awesome and sporting muse.

PW: yeah i WISH i could claim aunty as another character but no she is real and i have witnesses to prove it.

at the summit we decided on anarchy so there will be no appointments.

i'll be brief: the pelicans flew the rookery the minute your paws hit the waistband.

as far as kate's see through dress you kinda had to see it in person.

vanille: "mr. chickory" does not read this blog. nothing i do is of any interest to him unless my pants are off. grrrherhaha *jus kiddin*

yeah okay i didnt realize about my jackie collins sentance, but hey, something for everyone right??

lux: even more breezy now with your cool blue visit, and the heavy clouds swelling. oh yes, i am spending the overcast day in the WiFi place as the good mayden taught me.

xdell: we did have fun. now, the summit in NYC with vanille and you is high on the priority list. happy weekend to you.

bogs: i could tell wearing clothes was a hardship for you

/t: you or........NEPHEW!!! grrherhaha!!!

red: by the end of the weekend i promise.

bogs: thank Christ.

11:04 AM  
Blogger Mayden' s Voyage said...

St. Augustines was a truly lovely experience- as was meeting a cool helicopter guy (he builds them) in a bar afterwards- yes...I did it- all by myself- had a (ONE) Martini- and a good long chat with the nice fellow who did not try to take me home! LOL

And, I did see the ferns turn green- but they were here in Jax- it was remarkable! It did make me think of you and what I was missing in Vero beach.

Miss you- I really do- and I suppose I'm ready to go back to "Mom-mode"...maybe?
I definitely walk and talk with more confidence after spending a few days with you-
It's all good- REALLY GOOD :)
Hugs :)

5:11 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i am jealous of you guys. really. :)

7:17 PM  
Blogger Bird said...

hey there dawg!

a howl out to all of you - glad you could confer, confab, and commune (not to mention par-tay!).

i hope i can make it out that southern route and meet y'all!

fla/flap/flap!
soar and swoop
and a little bark/bark/bark too (yeah, birds bark - hah!)

8:51 PM  
Blogger Helene said...

a day late and a dollar short to defend my dress! LMAO it was soooooooo NOTTTTTTTT see through (and just why were you looking?)hehehe Its knit! and leave it to Pug to make a comment about it! lol

It was terrific to meet and get to know you all! I think we should make it an annual event... Then perhaps Foam and some others will come too!!! A sort of if you build it they will come kind of thingy! *wink

5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home