2.23.2011

MCW: Overrated Oscar wins

Well its that time of the year. Oscar time, which just reminds me of my deep hatred of hollywood and the status that actors enjoy in this country. I suppose in a once free country without a dictator (yet) lowly everyday people gotta serve somebody. Ticket sales for movies are just a small drop in the bucket. The big money is on the schwag that goes with it: the products, the perfumes, the clothes, the toys, the overseas sales, DVDs and QVC skin care lines. I just heard on GMA that the white dress drug addict and thief Lindsay Lohan wore to court is flying off the selves. Basically americans finance a class of people who live in a fantasy world who then turn into goodwill ambassadors and experts on foreign policy who lecture us endlessly on what ignorant intolerant jerks we are.

Lex Luther had it right: drop a bomb in the san andreas, break california off and send that bitch to sea.

Today, instead of doing the assignment I decided to treat you to some good art that rips the s**t out of celebrity culture. At least i chose subjects who have either won or been nominated for an Oscar. All art is from the big talent over at Gallery of the absurd. Just think of this as my oscar special. Enjoy, and happy MCW!







Love this: Tom Cruise: the last supper of the church of Scientology. But where is Xenu?









No this idiot never was nominated for and Oscar but I had to add this one ripping on celeb products.

Labels: , , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger LẌ said...

Judging from what I see whilst going thru the grocery checkout stand, I think Jennifer Aniston's "career" is being on the covers of celeb magazines!

6:51 AM  
Blogger moi said...

Brangeloonie? Oh my God, I'm going to roll on that floor clutching myself over that one for a very, very long time.

And let's pause for a sec, shall we, to ponder the UTTER insanity of Jack Nicholson's stunningly puzzling ability to get chicks. WTF? He looked like a lecherous old man when he was 25 fer cryin' out loud! Wouldn't let him near me if he were the last man on earth. Even if he were offering Chanel and candy.

I don't want California to fall into the sea. What I want is, to pop a neutron bomb so that everyone who lives there DIES and I can take over one of those coolio Mid-Century Modern Malibu Beach homes and make it Command Central of the United States of Frickin' MOI, no hippies or plastic surgery victims allowed. Or Porsches. I hate me some Porsches.

6:58 AM  
Blogger Milk River Madman said...

Frickin blogger. Typed a nice rant that wouldn't post. I like the posters. They brightened the day.

7:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's going to take me a while to fully digest the AWESOMENESS of this post. Best MCW post ever!

Honestly, I don't usually look at the clips. And a clip would have just detracted from this gem.

7:28 AM  
Blogger Buzz Kill said...

Those are pretty funny caricatures. Although I do like Cameron Diaz, she's not aging well. This is a nice change of pace.

Happy Movie Caricature Wednesday!

7:41 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

BRAVO!!! I love this post and that last picture made me spit my coffee out. Bwahahahahahahaahhaahahahahhaahah.

I'm with you. I hate how we've elevated un-educated lowlifes into something children feel they need to buy into. Sad. I'm always conflicted about the Oscars, I watch them but more and more I feel like a big dumb sucka. Mostly, I like the clothes/etc.

9:08 AM  
Blogger Aunty Belle said...

howl!

Every one made me snicker. Funny!

But--the Daddy Darlin' and Geriatric Gigolo an pony face are the best.

Did ya ever see that horror picture of Jack Nicholson in swim trunks on beach at St. Barts? freaky corpulent, but babes on both arms. Yeah, thas' hollyweird fer ya!

2:24 PM  
Blogger dianne said...

Well you certainly brightened up my morning and made me laugh, they are great caricatures of the excesses of these Hollyweird celebrities. I would not buy any clothes, products or perfumes which any of them promoted.
I don't like any of these actors, it's just difficult to decide who I dislike the most,actually I hate them all for various reasons and there are a few more I could add to the list.

Great post for MCW!

xoxoxo ♡

4:43 PM  
Blogger Roses said...

Hey K9. I agree whole heartedly. SJP is astounding.

2:39 AM  
Blogger darkfoam said...

wendy .. oops .. k9, i'm hooooome!
all work and no play makes jack a really dull boy.
come out and plaaaay ...


ps: did my boobs really get that big?

7:08 PM  
Blogger puerileuwaite said...

Oh, snap! I've taken a Shining to Jack Nicholson's man-boobs.

6:35 AM  
Blogger Mayden' s Voyage said...

The following is the most brilliant statement I've read since the article on "White Guilt" was printed! I am copying the following and putting it on facebook! (unless you tell me not to!)

Sigh...I so love you!!!

"I just heard on GMA that the white dress drug addict and thief Lindsay Lohan wore to court is flying off the selves. Basically americans finance a class of people who live in a fantasy world who then turn into goodwill ambassadors and experts on foreign policy who lecture us endlessly on what ignorant intolerant jerks we are.

Lex Luther had it right: drop a bomb in the san andreas, break california off and send that bitch to sea."

10:59 AM  
Blogger Mayden' s Voyage said...

And the Brangeloonie Madonna pic with Jen crossed out at the top was spot on perfect. Also, the lemon head with Renee was a side splitter...but I nearly died when I saw old horse face at the bottom. I knew right away who it was! :)
Bravo! Excellent K9 roll here! :)

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home