8.08.2011

Jeff Deboer: a treat for LX

click to enlarge

samurai siamese

Jeff de Boer is a Calgary-based multi-media artist with an international reputation for producing some of the world's most original and well-crafted works of art. With an emphasis on metal, he is best known for such bodies of work as suits of armour for cats and mice, armour ties and sword-handled briefcases, rocket lamps and pop culture ray guns, and exquisite high art, abstract works called exoforms.



tournament mouse
Tournament Cat
Gladiator Cat Helmet
More here: http://jeffdeboer.com/

10 Comments:

Blogger darkfoam said...

ohhhhhh wow .. a treat for all of us I would say. i can actually picture my cats in armor .. but how they would hate me for that .. lol ..
i reckon he doesn't do doggies ...

6:10 PM  
Blogger LẌ said...

HA! THANKS!

That's wonderful stuff. I especially like the cat tournament armor.

6:40 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

From the vault?

really cool. Too tired to say anything else, but I wish I could.

8:04 PM  
Blogger sparringK9 said...

I wish we could see an actual cat outfitted in this gear!

8:30 PM  
Blogger sparringK9 said...

@boxa: not from the vault. just found it trolling around on another matter

8:31 PM  
Blogger dianne said...

Very interesting and intricate detail in his work ... I don't think any of my kitties would care to 'dress up' though. :)

xoxoxo ♡

9:14 PM  
Blogger Buzz Kill said...

This is like a medieval version of Dinner for Schmucks. A Steve Carell movie where his character makes dioramas using mice. We saw it in the theater. The Pudge loves that movie. The Mrs walked out in the middle of it.

4:49 AM  
Blogger puerileuwaite said...

Splendid! This completely eclipses his "catamaran" series from the last show.

8:22 AM  
Blogger moi said...

Wow. I want one for myself! I mean, a real suit of armor, not just one of his pieces.

3:31 PM  
Blogger Aunty Belle said...

uh, okaaaay, Dawg. Ya know what mah take on this be.

5:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home